5G’s Class Page
Miss Garlick, Ms. Whitehead and Mr. Hyde.
28 incredible pupils.
Daily Reader Expectation
In Year 5 there is an expectation that all children read at least 10-15 pages of their book every day at home.
They should then fill out their Reading Record with the date, the pages which they read, and any comments on what they read. The Reading Records should be returned to school each morning, where they are checked each morning whilst we chat about books and what each child is reading.
Weekly homework (due every Friday):
- ReadTheory– 3 x comprehensions https://readtheory.org/auth/login
- Times Table Rockstars– Average of 3 minutes actual gameplay daily over the week (could be completed in one sitting of 21 minutes) https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Numbots- Average of 2 minutes actual gameplay daily over the week (could be completed in one sitting of 14 minutes) https://play.numbots.com/
- Spelling Shed-5 x games (logged in to assignment mode) https://play.edshed.com/
- All homework set in Year 5 can be completed on any device (e.g. P.C., laptop, tablet, smart phone).
- All homework programs used have free apps (except Spelling Shed- please do not download this app) and can also be accessed using internet browsers (so that they don’t take up memory space on devices).
- All children are trained on how to access and use the homework programs.
- All children have copies of their login details in their Reading Records.
- All homework programs are highly intuitive and can be used by children completely independently of any adult assistance.
- All children have some time in school to work towards their homework goals.
Each half term, we study a new exciting History, Geography or Science topic! With each new topic comes an opportunity for creative and fun learning to take place at home as we send home 9 ideas for homework projects to be completed in collaboration with others. We absolutely love seeing the weird and wonderful things which Year 5 pupils make and bring in to school each year.
- P.E. is on Thursdays and Fridays
KIT: trainers, trackie bottoms/ leggings, shorts, school House p.e. t-shirt, jumper/ hoody
- Swimming may begin later in the school year for Year 5. We will keep you posted with any updates.
KIT: Swimming costume/ swimming trunks (not shorts), towel and cap (for long hair)
If you have any questions, please catch Miss Garlick in the 5G classroom either after school, or in the morning before 09:50.
Below is our class blog where you can find information about our learning adventures past and present 😊