Here are some activities that can be done at home with your child centered around what they are learning in school at the moment.
Maths – There is a times table link on this page called Times Table Rockstars, where children can practice their times tables, there is also NumBots which helps them practice place value.
English and Topic – Their topic at the moment is Health and Animals. Possible activities which could be done are:
- Making and or drawing a healthy plate and labeling the different types of food.
- Drawing different animal skeletons and labeling, thinking about the differences and similarities.
- Making a table of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Making a table of different types of skeletons: Endoskeleton, Exoskeleton and Hydro static Skeleton.
- Drawing a face made of fruit or making a face out of fruit!
- Growing their own vegetables and thinking about the process.
- Writing a letter to the animals at Animal Care on how to stay healthy.
- After exercise, labeling their body to think about which muscles were used.
- Making a poster on how do we move? What happens to our muscles when we move?
- Children can make a healthy living leaflet.
Additionally please ensure your children are reading at home every night, there are texts online on Twinkl if your child finishes their school book. Any handwriting practice in cursive is also invaluable.
Thank you for your efforts in advance!
Miss Sharkey and Mrs Barker