Hello lovely 3S and 3B!
Hope you are all okay, the staff in Year 3 are missing you lots! We have some more ideas for things you can be doing at home to keep your amazing brains busy!
Miss Garlick has given me a good thing to remember that everyday you should;
- Do something for the mind (puzzles, times table rock stars, numbots)
- Do something for the body (Joe Wicks, daily 1 hour walk, make your own obstacle course, make your own gymnastics/gym/dance routine)
- Do something for the soul (keep a diary, mindfulness colouring, listen to music, cosmic yoga)
Our topic for this term is Stone Age!
For Maths, practice your times tables on Times Table Rockstars, please contact school if you don’t have your login and practice your place value on Numbots or write out your times tables in different ways (different colours/different size letters/wobbly letters).
- Research stone age caves. Make your own cave out of any materials and of any size!
- Create stone age characters to go in your cave! Describe them and make up a story about them.
- Create a timeline of what happened during the Stone Age using your research!
- What is the best rock for making a cave? Why? Use this website to help you.
- Watch the Flintstones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAnEiH_B5I
- What sort of clothes did they wear? Design your own stone age outfit.
- What jewellery did they wear? Create your own stone age jewellery. What is made of?
- What animals did they hunt?
- Where did they live?
- What did they wear?
- What tools did they use and what were they made out of?
- Write a diary entry as a person living in the Stone age.
- Write instructions on how to make a shelter or a spear in the Stone Age.
- Research Stone Henge and make a visitors guide about it.
Other than that make sure you are reading everyday and practicing your handwriting. Can’t wait to see you all again! Stay safe!